(O'CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN: It takes leadership and sportsmanship to be a sociable captain.)
Being a team captain for RCSSC is exciting and comes with a few responsibilites. As a captain you must be responsible for your team and:
- Be SOCIAL.
- Be at least 21 by League Sign-Up Night.
- Be aware of important dates (Sign-Up Night, Comment Deadline, Meetings, Shirt Dealines, etc.) and game cancellations due to weather, etc.
- IF YOU ARE A FIRST-TIME CAPTAIN be in attendance for League Sign-Up Night with your team's deposit.
- Be sportsmanlike.
- Work with umpires/referees during games when needed. This includes working with your team to ensure that game-play goes as smooth as possible.
- Make sure your team has a copy of the schedule.
- Make sure your team knows when and where each game is being held. This is as easy as sending out a text saying when and where.
- Make sure the commissioner of RCSSC knows if your team will be forfeiting a scheduled game in the appropriate amount of time needed to avoid a forfeit fee.
- Know the rules of RCSSC and the rules of the sport you are playing.
NEW CAPTAINS: THE LINKS DIRECTLY BELOW ARE FOR YOU!
FREE AGENTS (PLAYERS WHO DON'T HAVE A TEAM): SEE THE "PLAYERS" PAGE FOR SIGN-UP INFO
Returning Captains no longer have to wait for sign-up night. Register your team and pay your individual player fee online at the link below. Then all your players register and pay online with the link you provide for them. You need at least 4 paid players registered by the close of Captain's Comments to be considered a team. A "Returning Captain" is anyone that has been a captain or co-captain for an RCSSC team in the past.